Date Added: 5 February 2020
: 14 February 2020
Job Title: Researcher
Working For: Rt Hon Sir Iain Duncan Smith MP(Chingford and Woodford Green
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales
Sir Iain Duncan Smith MP is seeking a full time experienced Researcher to join the team in his busy Westminster office.
- Specific tasks include the following although not a comprehensive list:-
- Undertake research on a wide range of local and national issues to support Sir Iain's work;
- Draft articles, Parliamentary speeches and questions for debates;
- General adminstration tasks and special projects when required;
- Monitor media coverage and brief Sir Iain on relevant issues;
- Ensure Sir Iain is fully briefed on potential questions and motions to be put to the House;
- Handling sensitive personal data responsibly
Candidates should have the following skills:-
- Experience of working in Parliament (preferable)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong research skills;
- Ability to work in a team and independently;
- Have a keen interest in British politics and current affairs;
- The ability to maintain complete discretion and confidentiality;
- Competent use of IT essential and ability/willingness to learn new programmes if applicable;
- Sympathetic to the aims and values of the Conservative Party
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 14 February 2020
To start as soon as possible.
Please note that we may appoint before the closing date.
Please send CV and a one page covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only successful applicants will be invited for interview.