Date Added: 6 February 2020
: 20 February 2020
Job Title: Parliamentary Intern
Working For: Chris Heaton-Harris MP (Daventry)
Salary: Inline with IPSA payscales
Chris Heaton-Harris MP is looking for a charismatic and amicable Parliamentary Intern to support his office in Westminster (Monday-Thursday).
We would like to offer this position to a recent graduate seeking initial parliamentary experience.
The successful candidate is likely to:
• Have excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Be sympathetic to the views of the Conservative party.
• Be able to work both without supervision and in a team.
• Be able to communicate effectively with senior staff members of other organisations, as well as to constituents and local project managers.
• Have strong digital nous.
• A sense of humour, or at least the ability to pretend jokes are funny.
The internship is a minimum of three months with the potential to extend it further if mutually agreeable.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 20 February 2020
Interviews will commence as soon as possible and successful candidates may be appointed before the closing date.
Closing time for applications is 12pm on the closing date.
Please email a CV and a cover letter of no more than a page to firstname.lastname@example.org
Try and be original in the above and show your personality. Meaningless and generic buzzwords do you no favours!
Please put 'Parliamentary Intern' as the email subject.
Title your documents with your name followed by their title:
‘YOUR NAME – CV’
‘YOUR NAME – COVER LETTER”