Date Added: 6 February 2020
: 26 February 2020
Job Title: Senior Policy and Public Affairs Officer
Working For: Bliss
Salary: £30,000 per annum
Bliss is an award winning, leading national charity looking for a Senior Policy and Public Affairs Officer to be a key influencer in driving forward key policy issues which are aimed at improving health services for premature and sick babies and their families.
Our Campaigns and Policy team is focussed on securing positive change through a programme of policy reports, parliamentary engagement and inspiring supporters to take action. We are well respected in this field and have a track record of making lasting change, including through securing: nationally endorsed care standards investment and policy commitments to improve outcomes for premature and sick babies.
- Have experience of working in a dynamic policy or public affairs role in the voluntary or public sector, with a passion for building strong, influential relationships with parliamentarians policy makers and researchers.
- Are able to demonstrate political insight and be able to make sound judgements involving complex information requiring analysis and interpretation.
- Have experience of producing high quality briefings and impactful policy reports
- And an interest in supporting academic research
We would love to hear from you!
For more details please view the job description and person specification available on our website.
Why work for Bliss?
Bliss values and celebrates the work of its Campaigns and Policy team
We are an equal opportunities employer and take pride in our collaborative and inclusive work culture. We understand that we all have different priorities at home and we therefore aim to offer a mix of financial and non-financial benefits. Our benefits include financial, health and well-being, lifestyle and career development options:
- 25 days paid holiday (pro-rata for part-time employees), flexible working practices, TOIL and a contributory Bliss pension scheme
- Relaxed work life and dress code, time off for volunteering
- Interest free season ticket loans, salary sacrifice schemes (cycle to work, payroll giving)
- 24x7 Employee Assistance Programme
- Family friendly policies
- Learning and Development via peer to peer, blended, cascaded, self-directed learning, mentoring and coaching
Closing Date: 26 February 2020
The closing time for applications is 09:00 AM
- First round of interviews will be held in the week commencing 2 March 2020
- Second round interviews will be held in the week commencing 10 March 2020.
Interested applicants are requested to submit the following documents to email@example.com
Your application must include the following:
- Supporting statement explaining how you meet the criteria in the person specification
- Equal Opportunities Form
Please visit our website for more information: https://www.bliss.org.uk/about-us/jobs/senior-policy-and-public-affairs-officer