Do you want to play a key role in an organisation which stands up for children? Join us as a Senior Government & Public Affairs Adviser and deliver high-impact change strategies, building and holding relationships with parliament.
As Senior Government & Public Affairs Adviser you will lead political influencing and develop advocacy strategies for Save the Children’s work. You will identify lobbying opportunities, providing strategic political insight and ensuring systematic monitoring, analysis and dissemination of political intelligence. As a representative of SCUK externally, you will build constructive relationships with parliamentarians, advisers, officials, political parties, think tanks, NGOs and media, as well as providing technical expertise to SCUK’s mission teams. In addition you will:
• Maintain a strategic overview of global and UK governments, parliamentary and political party relations relevant to Save the Children’s work
• Draft high-level briefings and correspondence and develop and deliver regular written and oral briefings to MPs, Peers, Government officials, and other key decision makers on key policies, campaigns, and programme work.
To be successful you will be a strategic thinker, with significant operational experience of structures, processes and trends in the UK political system, as well as a track record of achieving political change. You will have knowledge of international development, conflict and humanitarian issues, alongside experience of building relationships which lead to policy impact. An excellent communicator, you will be able to summarise and persuasively communicate complex information in written form to a range of target audiences. Additionally, you will have:
• Demonstrable ability to develop and deliver flexible and innovative lobbying strategies to achieve challenging advocacy asks
• Demonstrable understanding of, and experience in managing, political risk and an understanding of the operating environment for charities, particularly around challenges to charity campaigns and advocacy
• A track record of delivering innovative political events, including at party conferences
• The ability to effectively build, manage and work within networks and coalitions for lobbying and advocacy purposes