Date Added: 6 February 2020
: 17 February 2020
Job Title: Caseworker
Working For: Stephen Morgan MP (Portsmouth South)
Salary: IPSA scale £19,641-£27,876
Length of Contract:
The Caseworker will provide advice and support to Stephen's constituents on a range of issues, including housing, welfare and immigration. The Caseworker will help to resolve problems through communication with government agencies, local authorities, the voluntary sector and other organisations.
• Deal with queries from constituents by phone, email , or in person, and provide information, advice and support on a wide range of issues
• On behalf of the Member, responding to constituents on casework issues raised, undertaking research thoroughly and accurately, and drafting correspondence, which reflects the Member’s views
• Attend Stephen’s advice centres and other meetings relating to constituents’ queries and casework
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge of relevant guidelines/legislation as appropriate in dealing with casework
• Log all cases; monitor progress and ensure all identified actions are taken
• Retain records and information confidentially and in line with the Data Protection Act.
• Previous casework experience and knowledge of immigration, housing and welfare casework is desirable
• Ability to deal with and prioritise a large and varied caseload, and to work well under pressure
• Ability to manage expectations of constituents in sometimes challenging circumstances
• Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
• Good IT skills including using a casework system and MS Office Applications
• Ability to draft letters and emails to a professional standard
• Ability to develop knowledge in specialist areas and be willing to undertake training
• Motivated to work independently as well as the ability to work effectively as part of a small team
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 17 February 2020
All applications to be received by 12 noon.
Applicants should submit their CV with a covering letter to Julie Minal, Head of Office, 72 Albert Road, Portsmouth, PO5 2SL or by email to email@example.com. If you have any questions please contact Julie Minal on 02392 291088 or use the email address given.