Date Added: 8 February 2020
: 6 March 2020
Job Title: Partnerships Officer
Working For: a client of Global Office Consulting
The Partnerships Officer position is to be recruited to work specifically for a client of ours, a Foundation based in West Africa specialising in community-based health interventions for women, children and families.
You will report to the Account Manager and Founder and will be the lead on building relationships with supporters and partners to support the implementation of the Foundation’s stakeholder management and fundraising strategies.
The primary objective of this role is to build beneficial, long-term relationships with a diverse portfolio of HNWIs, NGOs, UN agencies and civil society organisations. You will also be responsible for the planning and implementation of high-level engagement events.
• Contribute to the development of a stakeholder management strategy.
• Develop and strengthen partnerships with key stakeholders/sponsors as appropriate.
• Develop or modify guidance, resources, tools and materials that can be used across the organisation.
• Prepare written and oral representations of progress reports for management.
• Maintain close and effective relationships with a network of stakeholders, HNWI’s, key external contacts and Foundation staff.
• Represent the Foundation at internal and external meetings.
• Co-ordinate and organise events and meetings attended by the Founder-President and colleagues.
Required knowledge and skills
• Excellent command of written and verbal English
• Excellent communication skills and the ability and confidence to build rapport with colleagues and stakeholders
• Demonstrable proficiency with Microsoft Office programmes and social media channels
• A positive 'can-do’ approach, a practical approach to problem solving and sound organisational skills
• Ability to remain calm and composed when under pressure
• Ability to meet all deadlines set.
The ideal candidate will have at least three years’ experience in a relevant sector and an academic/professional understanding of international development issues. They will be able to work without supervision and under pressure to meet tight deadlines and will thrive in an ever-changing environment. They will have an organised approach to work with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
Closing Date: 6 March 2020
First round telephone interviews will take place upon receipt of suitable application. Start date immediate.
Please be advised to apply at your earliest convenience as the position will be filled on rolling basis.
Please email a CV and one-page covering letter outlining what it is about this role that appeals to you by the final deadline to firstname.lastname@example.org