Date Added: 8 February 2020
: 19 February 2020
Job Title: Media, Events and PR Intern
Working For: Politeia
Salary: £7.83+ (dependent on experience)
Westminister think tank seeking team member to focus on:
- Policy events and forums – organisation, take up and impact.
- Media and press support for events and publications.
- Marketing and development of Politeia.
- Administration and systems support.
- Support for operations.
Politeia’s programme focuses on economic policy, including tax and public spending and the policies for growth; social policy, especially education, healthcare and benefits and pensions; and justice policy and the constitution. Its authors and contributors include academic specialists, politicians, economists and lawyers.
Interns are involved in our programme and organise events with policy specialists, journalists, ministers and MPs. They gain a unique insight into our policy work on key areas (economy, business, healthcare and education) and are invited to events and receptions in Westminster. They will form part of a small but very busy team assisting in a number of different areas of Politeia’s operations, including media and press support, administration assistance, events organisation, and marketing development.
- Efficient, constructive and courteous work attitude.
- Ability to learn rapidly about UK press, political and government structure.
- Good IT skills.
- Interest in policy.
- Highly literate.
- Ability to precisely follow instructions.
- Good basic knowledge of UK system of government.
- Good commercial awareness.
- Aptitude for business focus and procedures.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, WordPress and MailChimp.
Please apply ASAP.
Closing Date: 19 February 2020
Candidates will be notified if we decide to take their applications forward to interview. We aim to carry out interviews for this post as soon as possible, and may appoint before the closing date.
Please submit a cover letter stating your availability (max one page) and CV (max 2 pages) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include achieved or predicted univeristy and A-level/equivalent grades and subject. Due to the high number of applications we expect to receive, we are unfortunately unable to acknowledge all applications.