Date Added: 8 February 2020
: 14 February 2020
Job Title: Parliamentary Assistant
Working For: Anthony Mangnall MP (Totnes)
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales, but negotiable on experience
Anthony Mangnall MP is looking for a highly motivated and experienced Parliamentary Assistant to support the work of his busy Westminster office; however, the position would be based in the Totnes constituency and a knowledge of the area is important.
In line with IPSA pay scales but negotiable on experience.
- Opening and dispatching mail
- Assisting with administrative arrangements for events
- Retain records and information confidentially and in line with GDPR
- Record keeping and correspondence drafting
- Liaise with suppliers concerning office supplies
- Manage calls and enquiries
- Undertake research and compile briefs for constituency work
- Provide general admin and secretarial support
- Maintain up to date knowledge of relevant legislation, Hansard, debates etc
- Provide occasional secretarial support to special interest groups as required
- Analyse evaluate and interpret data to ensure the MP is informed on key issues
- Background liaison on policy matters
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and confident interacting with people at all levels.
- Able to prioritise a demanding workload to meet deadlines and an eye for detail.
- Able to deal with issues in a confidential manner.
- Able to work effectively in a small team.
- Competent use of IT
- Experience of working and dealing with the general public.
- Awareness and understanding of current political issues.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 14 February 2020
Interviews will take place in the Totnes Constituency and will start week commencing 20th February
Start Date negotiable
Please send CV and covering letter to email@example.com