Date Added: 12 February 2020
: 20 February 2020
Job Title: Senior Parliamentary Assistant
Working For: Liz Twist MP (Blaydon)
Location: Blaydon constituency
Salary: In line with IPSA payscales
Liz Twist MP is seeking to appoint a Senior Parliamentary Assistant to support her role as the MP for Blaydon, based in the Constituency office with some travel to Westminster when required.
The successful applicant with be a self-starter, have an extensive knowledge of current politics issues and a strong understanding of local issues relating to Blaydon constituency.
Experience of working in a similar environment such as public services, the community and voluntary sectors is desirable for this role.
- Undertaking research and drafting speeches
- Managing constituency projects
- Preparing briefings for the Member
- Dealing with complex casework issues and advising the Member on local and national issues
- Liaising with constituents, internal and external stakeholders
- Drafting press releases, articles and content for local and social media
- Updating online media channels including the Member’s website and social media channels
- Developing and maintain knowledge in specialist areas as required by Member
- Supporting the Member’s work in Westminster
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal, with a keen attention to detail
- Excellent IT and social media skills
- Highly organised with the ability to prioritise and manage own workload and work to tight deadlines
- Ability to work flexibly, proactively and independently as well as part of a team
- Sympathetic to the aims and values of the Labour Party
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 20 February 2020
Closing Date for application: 5pm on the closing date.
Interviews: Week commencing 24 February 2020.
Start Date: 6 April 2020.
Please email your CV (2 pages max) including two referees and a covering letter (1 page max) explaining your interest and suitability for this role to Chris McHugh on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include “Senior Parliamentary Assistant Job Application” in the subject field of your email. For further information telephone Chris McHugh on 0191 414 2488.
Please note, due to the high volume of applications that are expected, only suitable applicants will be contacted. If your address and full contact details are not on your CV, you will not be considered.