Date Added: 12 February 2020
: 4 March 2020
Job Title: Campaigns and Research Coordinator
Working For: Sense about Science
Sense about Science is a campaigning charity that champions the public interest in sound science and evidence.
We’ve changed many debates about science and evidence over the past 18 years by involving the public and researchers in challenging misleading claims. We introduced reviews of whether government is transparent about its use of evidence in policy proposals and lead the annual Evidence Week in the UK parliament. We run the AllTrials campaign for all clinical trials to be registered and reported; and the public campaign Ask for Evidence, helping people use scientific questioning to navigate debates. Our direct approach to difficult subjects is ‘public led, expert fed’ and it is in high demand.
We have a vacancy for a campaigns and research coordinator, which involves supporting and developing our flagship campaigns - including Ask for Evidence - and providing research support.
Specific duties include:
• Coordinating the Ask for Evidence campaign, including developing digital content and comms
• Working with our community coordinator in mobilising the Ask for Evidence ambassadors and our UK-wide community engagement programme
• Recording and reporting campaign outcomes and impacts
• Researching and scoping out future campaign aims and programmes
• Researching and writing campaign funding proposals
• Research for our other projects and campaigns, including our work on data science
• General office support
For the full job description and person specification please see our website: https://senseaboutscience.org/activities/vacancy-campaigns-and-research-coordinator
Closing Date: 4 March 2020
Applications close at 9am. Interviews will be held on 11 March and all shortlisted candidates will hear by 6 March.
To apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a one-page letter and a 2 page max CV. Please note that we will not be able to notify those candidates that have not been shortlisted.