Date Added: 13 February 2020
: 17 February 2020
Job Title: Events Coordinator +REMOVED
Working For: ConservativeIntelligence
Salary: £25,000 - £27,000 dependent on experience and ability
We are seeking a full-time Events Coordinator to join the ConservativeIntelligence team. ConservativeIntelligence is the sister company of ConservativeHome, the UK’s most influential Conservative-supporting news and analysis website.
This is a rare opportunity to take on a role in a small, expert team at a very exciting time of development for ConservativeIntelligence. The successful candidate will be involved in delivering a varied, year-round programme of events.
Responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to:
- Managing and delivering multiple events, under the instruction of the Head of Events.
- Supporting the delivery of events throughout the year, typically two-four events per month. The majority of these events are small dinners with 15-20 attendees in London, the programme also includes sandwich lunches and drinks receptions for larger audiences. You must be able to attend all events as required, including evenings.
- Researching and booking private dining rooms, liaising with venues on event delivery, inviting guests, liaising with speakers and external partners and ensuring smooth running of events on the day.
- Helping to deliver the company’s events programme of around 30 events at the annual Conservative Party Conference, at which attendance is essential. Includes supporting in arranging speakers, guest lists, hotel bookings, travel arrangements, event listings, and personally managing events during the conference (this year in Birmingham, 4th to 7th October).
- General administrative support.
Essential skills and experience:
- Excellent written English.
- The ability to prioritise and work under pressure.
- Attention to detail, the ability to closely follow instructions and a willingness to learn and develop.
- Good interpersonal skills and discretion.
- Events experience, whether as part of a team or as the main lead.
- Drive and initiative. This role involves working remotely, so you must be able to work independently, be a self-starter and highly motivated.
- Political experience is not essential, but an interest is required.
- Sympathy with the values and aims of ConservativeHome.
Desirable skills and experience:
- Experience of admin software such as Microsoft Office, Dropbox and Monday.com.
- Experience of working with external partners and sponsors in delivering events.
- Experience of managing event staff.
Closing Date: 17 February 2020
Start date and interviews:
The role would start as soon as feasibly possible, dependent upon the successful candidate’s availability. Applications close at 5.30pm on Monday 17th February 2020, with interviews to take place in London very shortly afterwards.
To apply, please send a one-page cover letter (including your current notice period, if applicable) and a CV to email@example.com
17/02/2020-REMOVED- This role has been removed at the request of the original advertiser.