Date Added: 13 February 2020
: 9 March 2020
Job Title: Communications and Media Officer
Working For: Education Endowment Foundation
Salary: c.£30,000, plus benefits
The Communications & Media Officer will play a pivotal role, strengthening the EEF’s capacity to promote our work to key audiences, primarily teachers and senior leaders educating 3-18 year-olds.
We are looking for a creative, purposeful individual – most importantly, a great writer and communicator – who is passionate about the application of evidence to improve education for all young people, especially those from disadvantaged backgrounds.
The Communications & Media Officer will work in a small, focused team, responsible for ensuring the EEF’s work is communicated as effectively as possible to all those in a position to put it into practice.
Our key audience is teachers and senior leaders, as well as school governors/trustees, policy makers, and parents/carers. Our main communication channels are the EEF website, as well as the media and email/social media.
Your main responsibilities
You will help to lead the following work:
- Maintain the overall schedule of forthcoming EEF publications and communications activities
- Write/draft and edit news releases, blogs, and other content for the EEF website;
- Support the Digital Manager in ensuring all EEF website content is accurate, up-to-date, and well presented;
- Develop content profiling the EEF’s work internationally.
- Support the production and communication of press releases, including to regional media;
- Support responses to media requests;
- Write/draft and edit articles, blogs and reports from the EEF for publication in print/online outlets.
You can see the job description in full here: https://educationendowmentfoundation.org.uk/public/files/Job_descriptions/Communications__Media_Officer_-_Feb_2020.pdf
Closing Date: 9 March 2020
First round interviews for short-listed candidates: w/c 9 March 2020
Start date: immediate (subject to successful candidate's availability)
We hope you’ll consider applying for this role. To do so, please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Communications & Media Officer’. Your letter should be no more than 700 words and should outline (1) your particular interest in this position at the EEF, and (2) how you think you match what we’re looking for, drawing on specific examples.