Date Added: 19 February 2020
: 10 April 2020
Job Title: Engagement Manager - Cause-led Tech
Working For: Commonplace
Salary: Competitive, will consider part-time or permanent
You will lead engagement activities across the UK, through social media to increase traffic to Commonplace websites, getting more people involved in shaping their local communities.
Commonplace is a Series A start-up that connects people with the places they live, work or play to accelerate positive change. We do this because communities that host inclusive conversations also create trusted collaborations, which improve the quality of life and fabric of their neighbourhood.
By creating open, honest dialogue we help put power back in the hands of the people to help shape their local environment. We also help reduce the biased 'echo chambers' created by social media. In this way we are truly a 'tech-for-good' company.
We build brilliant engagement websites however their promotion has been inconsistent, managed predominantly by our clients. We‘ve recently increased the amount of paid promotion we do for our clients, and aim to do more: we want to support them better by having superb in-house social marketing capability.
- Creating online paid-for promotion campaigns including:
- Developing the strategy
- Creating content
- Selecting platforms and scheduling
- Creating viral social media campaigns.
- Writing / editing copy and visual materials for online campaigns.
- Developing robust analytics to enable optimisation of campaigns, adapting to reach target audiences and creation of campaign templates.
- Communicating with clients to understand their audiences and what might motivate engagement.
- Using social media for marketing and ideally, some form of cause-based campaigning.
- Experience with key social media platforms - Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn & Twitter.
- Segmenting audiences and identifying target demographics.
- Using data to optimise the end-to-end user experience.
- A passion for cross-functional collaboration, and a willingness to support those around you.
- A can-do, self-starter attitude, taking ownership for meeting targets and objectives of social campaigns
- Comfortable with the ambiguity and change inherent in the start-up and small company environment.
More about us
- a dynamic, friendly workplace
- unlimited leave & a healthy attitude towards flexible hours, remote working and part-time / job-share where possible
- equity in the form of share options
Closing Date: 10 April 2020
We are able to interview straight away and are looking for someone to join the team as soon as possible
Interested? Send us your CV, or alternatively send us something else that demonstrates your technical capability, creativity and belief in our cause.
Impress us; stand out!