Date Added: 28 February 2020
: 27 March 2020
Job Title: Campaigns and Policy Officer
Working For: MoneySavingExpert
Charity Number: NA
This is a truly unique, varied and rewarding role that encompasses research, public affairs, external relations and policy work in order to campaign on behalf of consumers.
The Campaigns and Policy Officer will carryout a diverse range of tasks on a daily basis, in order to keep campaigns progressing towards successful delivery. These include: conducting qualitative and quantitative research to create a strong evidence base; writing compelling consultation responses with an excellent attention to detail; liaising with internal stakeholders to ensure a joined-up approach across MSE; briefing and supporting senior members of the team in external meetings with key stakeholders; and monitoring relevant political and regulatory activities.
You’ll need all of these:
• Passion for what MSE does, and a desire to advocate for consumers.
• Knowledge of MSE and the MSE Editorial Code.
• Initiative and loads of self-motivation.
• Ability to manage conflicting demands while maintaining high levels of accuracy.
• Able to adjust, when necessary, between a steady and faster-paced working environment.
• Working knowledge of the policy making process, including Parliamentary procedures.
You must have some, but not necessarily all, of these:
• Excellent knowledge of personal finance issues and key players.
• Experience applying qualitative and quantitative research methods to develop policy.
• Developed writing skills for a government, political or regulator audience, in a way that will cut through (for example, consultation responses or reports).
• Ability to spot consumer detriment and pitch a campaign idea.
• Understanding of current affairs.
• Experience establishing, maintaining and developing relationships with key stakeholders.
Closing Date: 27 March 2020
First stage will be a telephone interview, approx 45 minutes - a discussion around previous experience and motivation for the role. If sucessfull, second stage interview, which will be an hour Face to face interview with the hiring manager.
If you would like more information, please email: email@example.com
Link to the Job: https://www.jobs.moneysupermarketgroup.com/job/REQ-1372/Campaigns-and-Policy-Officer-MoneySavingExpert