Date Added: 27 February 2020
: 27 March 2020
Job Title: Account Director - Advocacy
Working For: Hanover Communications
Salary: Competitive salary and benefits package
We are looking for a driven Account Director to join our dynamic and fast-growing Advocacy team. We are particularly keen to hear from candidates with an interest in either technology, defence or security.
The successful candidate will join our award-winning, market-leading, public affairs practice, working with 30+ political specialists to advise some of the world’s biggest brands on UK political and regulatory issues.
Our clients include Microsoft, Facebook, Uber, Goldman Sachs, Premier League, Airbus, Paddy Power Betfair, Camelot, British Beer & Pub Association and Tate & Lyle Sugars.
• Provide strategic advice to clients informed by broad intelligence-gathering, write bespoke policy submissions and briefings, and develop your policy specialisms
• Develop close client relationships, lead external client meetings and act as the first point of contact across client accounts
• Supervise the delivery of client work on multiple accounts – run internal account management meetings, review team progress against agreed milestones, monitor capacity and allocate tasks
• Project manage activities focused on new business development, including marketing events and manage pitch processes
• Identify opportunities to cross-sell services between Hanover teams and offices
• Expand your personal network through event attendance and relationship building
• Personal management and coaching of more junior team members to support their professional development and to improve overall quality of work and efficiency
• Manage client budgets and adhere to company budget setting and management processes
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
• A policy background in one or a mix of the areas specified above
• Proven track record of public affairs experience within a Parliamentary office, consultancy or in-house team
• Excellent knowledge of and a passion for UK politics, with a demonstrable understanding of their impact on business objectives
• Very strong team-working, collaboration and interpersonal skills
• An existing network of either/or business, policy or political contacts
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong management and mentoring skills
Closing Date: 27 March 2020
The recruitment process includes at least 2 formal interviews. Candidates at final stages will be asked to prepare a short presentation and to complete a psychometric test.
Please note that interviews are ongoing and the position might be filled before the job ad's closing date.
Please click on the link below to find out further details about Hanover and our benefits package as well as to fill out your application form: