Date Added: 27 February 2020
: 27 April 2020
Job Title: Proofreader
Working For: Westminster Forum Projects
Salary: Dependent on experience
Westminster Forum Projects are recruiting for a proofreader to join the communications team.
• Ensuring that written materials for external use and web-based content are sense-checked, grammatically correct and adhering to house style.
• Responsibility for checking, and making ready for publication, external communications. This includes text being uploaded to our website, marketing letters, seminar agendas and materials contained in our delegate packs.
• Handling our activity on social media such as Twitter, as well as liaising with publications that list our events - and there is scope for further written work.
• Excellent command of the English language with sharp editing, proofreading, writing, and communication skills.
• Fluency with Microsoft Office: experience of other specialist software - for instance for social media, images and web editing - would be an advantage.
• Capable of dealing with a high volume of work, managing their time to deliver work to deadlines.
• Awareness, and being a follower, of news and current events would be an advantage.
• Interest and experience in web design and copywriting is desirable.
This is an exciting role working for an expanding organisation, and there are plenty of career growth opportunities for the right candidate.
The role is full time, Monday-Friday 9am-5pm with an hour for lunch based at our friendly offices in Bracknell, Berkshire with convenient road and travel links.
There may also be occasional travel to Westminster, making ready and managing the smooth presentation of slides and videos at live events.
Closing Date: 27 April 2020
Please send your CV and covering letter indicating current salary and why you believe you would be suitable for the role via email: firstname.lastname@example.org