Date Added: 27 February 2020
: 27 March 2020
Job Title: Caseworker
Working For: Tom Randall MP (Gedling)
Salary: In line with IPSA payscales (currently £19,641 - £28,804)
Tom Randall, MP is looking to appoint a full-time Caseworker to his team. The role is based in the constituency office in Gedling.
The Caseworker will be responsible for helping constituents who come to Tom for help. You will need to have excellent verbal and written communication skills and ideally have a background in this sort of work, but relevant training will be provided.
Some evening and weekend work is required. You will be entitled to time off in lieu to accommodate this.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Attending surgeries and other meetings as appropriate
- Dealing with queries from members of the public
- Acting as the first point of contact for constituents; taking phone calls and answering the office door
- Gathering relevant information to assist with resolving cases
- Monitoring progress of existing cases, ensuring all identified actions are taken and using a database to track each case
- Retaining records and information confidentially and in line with the Data Protection Act
- Drafting responses to constituents
- Getting to know and understand local issues so that local knowledge is reflected in case handling
- General office administration and support
The following skills/characteristics are essential:
- Organisational, case management and time management skills
- An appreciation of the importance of attention to detail and a thorough approach to completing all tasks
- Excellent communication and written skills
- Friendly, approachable and ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to manage a busy workload and balance competing priorities effectively
- An understanding of the importance of confidentiality and discretion in your work
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 27 March 2020
To be confirmed
Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com using the subject line 'Caseworker Application'.