Date Added: 28 February 2020
: 29 March 2020
Job Title: Research and Editorial Manager
Working For: Common Vision (CoVi)
Salary: £20,000 – £30,000
Common Vision is an independent think tank specialising in public dialogue. Our mission is to revitalise public diplomacy through encouraging established and new leaders to exchange perspectives and work towards shared goals.
We have an exciting new opportunity for a Research and Editorial Manager who will lead the development and implementation of a range of research projects and publications.
- Undertaking and delivering a range of research projects, including planning and executing desk research and qualitative interviews
- Producing written content and external communications for a variety of publication channels
- Editing articles, reports and briefings written by others
- Drafting and co-ordinating proposals for new research projects and deliberative events
- Identifying potential new areas of research and discussion
- Building and maintaining relationships with external stakeholders and contributors including professionals, campaigners, public commentators, Parliamentarians and academics
- Identifying and developing new channels and engagement opportunities for our outputs
The successful candidate will have at least three years’ relevant work experience as a researcher, professional writer or editor in fields relating to social policy, economics or political communications. You will have a strong understanding of a wide range of social, political and economic trends and the ability to apply these insights creatively to Common Vision's varied portfolio
We particularly welcome applications from individuals with a proven interest in one or more of the following areas:
- Environmental, social and economic sustainability
- Taxation and public finance
- Responsible business and corporate leadership
- Citizenship and deliberative democracy
- Intergenerational analysis
- Localism, place-making and community empowerment
- Digital economies
A full candidate specification is available here: http://www.covi.org.uk/vacancy-research-editorial-manager
We will consider part-time or flexible working arrangements for the right candidate.
Closing Date: 29 March 2020
To apply, send a CV and covering letter, detailing how your experience and personal qualities match the role description and candidate specification, to email@example.com Please include the job title and W4MP in the subject line.