Date Added: 28 February 2020
: 31 March 2020
Job Title: Intern, International Affairs
Working For: UK Finance
Salary: £19,565 per annum (pro rata) plus daily travel expenses 20 days holiday per annum (pro rata )
The intern will be responsible for providing our international affairs team with monitoring, research and other support services.
This internship would be an ideal opportunity for an ambitious graduate or under graduate who is seeking to pursue a career in international affairs, public affairs or policy and who has a strong interest in the nexus between international politics and regulation, diplomacy and financial services.
Key responsibilities include supporting our international affairs team with the following:
• desk research and insights gathering.
• monitoring and collating political and regulatory developments on relevant policies in the UK, EU and internationally.
• Managing and updating databases
• monitoring social and traditional media for trends and the identification of opportunities.
• producing briefings, member content, updates and newsletters.
• Supporting events and engagement activity.
• ad hoc administrative tasks.
• Supporting other colleagues when necessary
• any other task that may reasonably be required.
In order to be considered for this role, it is essential that candidates are able to demonstrate the following:
• a strong interest in international affairs, including the EU.
• an interest in the financial services industry
• good working knowledge of the usual Microsoft Office applications.
• excellent written and oral communication skills.
• a conscientious approach with attention to detail.
• excellent time management and organisational skills.
• must be able to multi task and handle a number of projects and deadlines concurrently.
• must be a proactive self-starter with strong initiative and a willing, can-do attitude.
• ability to operate effectively and collaboratively as part of a team.
• strong research skills.
Closing Date: 31 March 2020
We welcome applications from all candidates, however unfortunately, we are unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to live and work in the UK. During the recruitment process all candidates are required to prove they have this right with suitable documentation.
Please send a copy of your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org