Date Added: 28 February 2020
: 27 March 2020
Job Title: Constituency Assistant
Working For: Dr Kieran Mullan MP (Crewe and Nantwich)
Location: Crewe & Nantwich
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales
Dr Kieran Mullan MP is seeking to recruit a full time Constituency Assistant to work in his busy constituency office.
The successful applicant will help individuals when they ask for assistance, and work on a variety of local issues, correspondence and research as required. They will also assist on constituency visits and surgeries and with the general running of the office.
You should have excellent written communication skills and be able to work as part of a small but friendly team, and be able to confidently work under pressure. Knowledge of the area, experience of customer service, public advice bodies, knowledge of the welfare system, and local government are desirable, but not essential.
Duties and responsibilities include:
• Researching, drafting and sending out responses to constituents
• Attending surgeries and other meetings as appropriate
• Follow up on social media queries and comments
• Taking phone calls and answering the office door to constituents
• Getting to know and understand local issues, so that local knowledge is reflected in case handling
• Keeping accurate records in our casework management system and monitoring case progress
• General office administration and support, including the dispatching of correspondence
• Assist with other tasks as required.
The following skills/characteristics are essential
• Organisational, case management and time management skills
• An appreciation of the importance of attention to detail and a thorough approach to completing all tasks
• Excellent communication and written skills
• Friendly, approachable and ability to work as part of a team
• Ability to manage a busy workload and balance competing priorities effectively
• An understanding of the importance of confidentiality and discretion in your work
• Sympathy with the values of the Conservative Party
Training will be provided.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 27 March 2020
We reserve the right to close the role to applicants early if a suitable applicant is found
Interviews will take place as soon as possible. The aim is to have the appointed candidate in post as soon as possible. An appointment may be made before the closing date.
To apply please email a covering letter and cv to firstname.lastname@example.org