Date Added: 28 February 2020
: 2 April 2020
Job Title: Caseworker (full time)
Working For: Theo Clarke MP (Stafford)
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales
Theo Clarke MP is seeking to appoint a self-motivated and hardworking caseworker to join her busy constituency office.
The successful applicant will be an enthusiastic person with a commitment to helping people who contact their Member of Parliament with a range of different issues and concerns. You will support Theo Clarke MP with her constituency matters and be expected to use your own initiative to answer constituents on a wide range of enquiries. The applicant must also be discreet, highly organised, a strong communicator and someone who is able to work accurately to deadlines in a fast-paced office. Candidates should be sympathetic to the aims and values of the Conservative party.
- Provide advice and support to constituents on a variety of issues by liaising with government agencies, local government, the voluntary sector and a range of other organisations to resolve often complex matters
- Provide information, advice and support for individuals on a range of local and national issues
- Maintain the casework database with accurate and timely updates and data entry
- Draft correspondence on various issues on the Member's behalf
- Deal with constituents by letter, email and telephone in a sensitive and confidential manner
- Monitor progress and ensure all identified actions are taken in relation to casework
- Organise and attend constituency surgeries with the Member
- Assist with office administration as needed and any other duties as required
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 2 April 2020
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis, so a suitable candidate maybe appointed before the closing date.
To apply please email your CV (maximum 2 pages) and a cover letter (maximum 1 page) with CASEWORKER APPLICATION as the subject to: email@example.com