Date Added: 6 March 2020
: 27 March 2020
Job Title: Caseworker
Working For: Alex Chalk MP (Cheltenham)
Salary: In line with IPSA payscales
Alex Chalk MP is seeking to appoint a self-motivated and hardworking caseworker to join his busy constituency office.
The successful applicant will be an enthusiastic person with a commitment to helping people who contact their Member of Parliament with a range of different issues and concerns. You will support Alex Chalk MP with his constituency matters and be expected to use your own initiative to answer constituents on a wide range of enquiries. The applicant must also be discreet, highly organised, a strong communicator and someone who is able to work accurately to deadlines in a fast-paced office.
You will be working part-time for a minimum of 3 days. For the right candidate we would consider offering a full-time post.
- Provide advice and support to constituents on a variety of issues by liaising with government agencies, local government, the voluntary sector and a range of other organisations to resolve often complex matters
- Provide information, advice and support for individuals on a range of local and national issues
- Maintain the casework database with accurate and timely updates and data entry
- Draft correspondence on various issues on the Member's behalf
- Deal with constituents by letter, email and telephone in a sensitive and confidential manner
- Monitor progress and ensure all identified actions are taken in relation to casework
- Organise and attend constituency surgeries with the Member
- Assist with office administration as needed and any other duties as required
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 27 March 2020
An appointment may be made before the closing date if a suitable candidate is found.
Please apply by sending your cv and a short covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org