Date Added: 10 March 2020
: 30 March 2020
Job Title: Financial Data Analyst
Working For: InfluenceMap
Salary: £30,000-£40,000 depending on experience/qualifications
We are a London UK based non-profit think tank working on the cutting edge of climate and sustainability issues. Our highly original analysis of the climate agenda has been covered by media globally, used and acted on by hundreds of investors and has informed numerous campaigns. We are probably best known for our unique platform for analyzing corporate lobbying on climate policy. Other work streams are the FinanceMap platform assessing the financial sector and its impact on climate as well as a Japanese collabor ative venture (the Japan Energy Transition Initiative).
Joining InfluenceMap is an opportunity to be part of a friendly and dynamic team, work with our global network of partners in the finance, media and campaigning worlds and help develop our cutting-edge content which is helping shape the agenda on the climate crisis.
This is a key role within the organisation, as our work is increasingly driven by sophisticated data and technology strategies. You will work on data-intensive projects, particularly the FinanceMap, on all aspects of our data acquisition, input, research and analysis to ensure we are able to create and disseminate content. You will also manage the underlying data and software systems that drive our work, under instruction from our Technical Director.
- Managing all data aspects of FinanceMap
- Testing, manipulating and aggregating data from our financial data providers and other proprietary and in-house generated data
- Maintaining our CMS and back end architecture
- Working with our designer to evolve and improve our front end and user experience
- Managing the databases and data integrity of our overall back-end systems
You will report to the Research Director of InfluenceMap and work closely with our Technical Director, responsible for designing our overall architecture.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and handle time-sensitive work
- Experience with Python, MySQL, PANDAS, NumPy and front-end software Bootstrap, Markdown
- Highly desirable: experience with Twisted and jQuery
- A university degree
- Right to work in the UK
- Knowledge of our work area (climate change/policy/finance) is not essential but an interest would be useful
- Fluency in English
Closing Date: 30 March 2020
Interview will take place throughout March at 40 Bermondsey Street, London SE1, where the role will be based, starting March / April.
Early applications are encouraged and will be processed as received.
InfluenceMap values diversity and provides equal opportunities to all candidates.
- Please provide your CV (two-page maximum), cover letter (one-page maximum) and reference/s in one PDF file, emailed to: email@example.com . Please include all the information you wish to be considered in this PDF file.
- Please state clearly in the subject line of your email which position you are applying for