Date Added: 10 March 2020
: 9 April 2020
Job Title: Senior Economics Consultant
Working For: Metro Dynamics
Location: Central Manchester
Salary: £38,000 - £45,000
Metro Dynamics is an independent consultancy that provides strategic advice to those who lead, grow or invest in cities. We work with Government departments, local government, local enterprise partnerships, and private sector investors and developers across the UK and internationally. Ours is a growing team that works on projects of national as well as local importance, and has developed a strong track record of high quality work.
We are seeking to hire a Senior Consultant to support our economic consultancy work around the country.
Candidates are expected to:
- have 5-8 years’ experience working in a similar consultancy environment, preferably in our market:
- be able to demonstrate experience of leading elements of project work
- have experience of writing proposals for new project work
- have experience of managing client relationships
- be able to demonstrate experience in using and understanding statistics and data, and be familiar with Microsoft Excel
- have good familiarity with standard UK socio-economic datasets
- be able to demonstrate interest and experience in topics relevant to our business
- be able to demonstrate understanding of the current policy environment for UK cities and local economic growth
Other experience that would also be beneficial, though is not essential:
- Experience of undertaking project appraisals, evaluations, impact assessments and bid-writing for funding.
- Experience of GIS software (ArcGIS / QGIS).
- Experience of other data platforms, statistical tools, and programming languages – e.g. ‘R’, Python, SQL, STATA, Power BI, Tableau, etc.
Typical tasks for a Senior Consultant include:
- Leading elements of project work – e.g. developing written outputs, supporting client presentations, leading analytical work
- Leading and supporting proposal writing
- Managing day-to-day relationships with clients
- Line managing junior colleagues and supporting their development
- Supporting the management activities / administration of the business as required
Candidates would be based principally in either our Manchester or London offices. However, our consultants are expected to travel as needed to support client work. The salary for this position is between £38,000 to £45,000 depending on experience.
Closing Date: 9 April 2020
Interviews will be held in April. Ideally these would be attended in person in our Manchester office.
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter explaining why you would be suitable for this position to email@example.com
Please note that CVs submitted without a covering letter will not be considered.