Date Added: 11 March 2020
: 9 April 2020
Job Title: Caseworker/Administrative Officer
Working For: Jamie Wallis MP ( Bridgend)
Salary: In line with IPSA Payscales
Jamie Wallis, Member of Parliament for Bridgend, is seeking a full-time caseworker/administrative officer to be a part of the team in his busy constituency office in Bridgend.
The ideal candidate will have high levels of self-motivation and possess good communicative and organisational skills. Experience of working in a political environment is desired but not essential.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Dealing with constituent queries, assisting with advice surgeries as required and taking up casework on behalf of constituents.
- Logging all cases, gather evidence, speaking with government departments, public sector organisations and other stakeholders to resolve cases whilst keeping records up to date.
- Provide administrative support to the office, including diary management, assisting with arrangements for events and filing, photocopying, typing correspondence etc.
- Drafting and mailing correspondence with constituents and external organisations on a wide range of issues.
The successful candidate will have:
- Excellent communicative skills, both written and verbal
- A positive attitude and an ability to deal with members of the public
- Tremendous organisational skills and attention to detail
- IT skills including Microsoft Office packages
- The ability to deal with highly sensitive and confidential casework
- A positive attitude and a motivation to get things done
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 9 April 2020
Interviews will take over the phone or in person, as soon as possible. If we find a candidate who is appointable before the closing date, please note that the position may be appointed prior to the close date. Immediate start required.
Please send a short CV and covering letter to Tom Giffard (Office Manager) by email to Tom.Giffard@Parliament.uk