Date Added: 11 March 2020
: 27 March 2020
Job Title: Caseworker
Working For: Alex Davies-Jones MP (Pontypridd)
Location: Pontypridd, South Wales
Salary: £21,529-£25,000 pro rata
Alex Davies-Jones MP is looking for a part-time caseworker to join her friendly and busy Pontypridd constituency team.
The role will comprise of 22.5 hours a week to be worked over 3 days.
Our preference is to have the successful applicant work on Monday and Friday, with the third day to be flexible.
This is a perfect opportunity for someone with casework and communication skills, who works well in a small team and has a desire to help find solutions.
You will provide advice and support to constituents on a range of issues, including immigration, housing, welfare, financial and health, and help to resolve problems through liaison with UK and Welsh Government agencies, Councils, third sector and other stakeholders and organisations.
You will also attend events and meetings with the MP, including regular advice surgeries in the constituency.
Flexibility to work on the occasional evening and weekend will be required, which will be compensated with time off in lieu.
Responsibilities will include:
- Attending constituency surgeries and meetings.
- Progressing a portfolio of casework, including logging cases, taking appropriate actions promptly, monitoring progress, analysing patterns of enquiries and producing reports.
- Liaising with UK and Welsh Government agencies, Councils, third sector and other organisations to help resolve cases.
- Responding to constituents, including drafting letters, emails and documents.
- Retaining records in line with the Data Protection Act.
- Providing administrative support for the office.
- Supporting the Senior Caseworker to ensure all constituents receive a timely response.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, with a positive and flexible approach.
- Excellent IT skills including ability to use a casework tracking system (the office uses Caseworker), MS Office Applications (Word, Excel and Outlook), Internet and Intranet.
- Ability to draft letters and emails to a high professional standard.
- Motivated to work independently as well as the ability to work effectively as part of a small team.
- Good office administration skills.
- Good telephone manner and the ability to demonstrate patience and empathy.
- Experience of casework and legal/advice
- Experience of organising and running events
- Full clean UK Driving Licence, desirable but not required.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 27 March 2020
Interviews will be held at the constituency office in Pontypridd on Thursday 2nd April.
Start date: ASAP
Applicants should sent a cover letter (no more than one page) and a CV (no more than two pages) to: email@example.com with the subject:
'APPLICATION - CASEWORKER - First name, Second name'
Closing time: 5pm
Due to an anticipated high number of applications, only those shortlisted for interview will receive feedback.
Those invited to interview will be asked to complete a short task that will form part of the discussion on the day.