Date Added: 12 March 2020
: 26 March 2020
Job Title: Parlimentary Assistant
Working For: Paul Howell MP (Sedgefield)
Salary: Inline With IPSA pay scales
Paul Howell MP seeks a Parliamentary Assistant to join his busy Westminster office. The position will involve parliamentary research and some constituency casework. The position would suit a hardworking and enthusiastic graduate with office experience and an interest in politics.
The role will consist of:
• Completing research projects on a wide variety of topics.
• Assisting with the drafting of speeches, articles and parliamentary contributions.
• Some constituency casework.
• Monitoring media and press.
• Researching across a range of local and national political issues to produce comprehensive briefings to tight deadlines.
• Conducting and maintaining general correspondence and general office administration.
• Excellent oral and written communications skills.
• Analytical skills and attention to detail.
• Strong organisational skills.
• Researching, both online and using libraries.
• Previous experience of working in an office environment is essential.
We are looking for a confident individual who will be proficient at working to tight deadlines and managing their time efficiently. Previous experience of working in Parliament would be useful, but by no means necessary
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 26 March 2020
Interviews will be conducted in Westminster in the week following 26th March. If an exceptional candidate is found an appointment may be made before the closing date.
Please send CV and covering letter to email@example.com , with the subject line “Paul Howell MP Parliamentary Assistant Job Application”