Date Added: 13 March 2020
: 6 April 2020
Job Title: Communications Consultant - PR and Social Media
Working For: Whitehouse Communications
This is an exciting opportunity to work within a talented team across a range of UK accounts, support the strategic direction of accounts and the implementation of the day-to-day PR projects. This is a wide-ranging and busy role, working with a small team responsible for media relations, campaigns, digital communications, internal communications, publications and events.
- Building and maintaining a network of influential journalists and increasing breadth and depth of contacts with influencers and industry commentators relevant to the company’s sectors.
- Planning, managing and implementing social media strategies for the company and its clients, which will include but not be limited to:
- Growing an engaged community of followers across all company and clients’ social media channels
- Creating content calendars with optimised timings and diverse content to be scheduled across all major social channels, ensuring a steady rhythm of content that gets positive engagement
-Experimenting with paid advertising campaigns to boost traffic to websites
-Reporting on results in order to effectively demonstrate and present actions and recommendations
-Having the passion and drive to find and test new tools/ways to spice up social media strategies
- Managing, planning, marketing and attending events representing the company and its clients
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in a relevant subject.
- Demonstrable experience in public relations, media relations, corporate communications, social media in agency or in-house
- Demonstrable experience in devising and implementing successful multi-media communications campaigns for organisations from the public, private and voluntary sectors.
- Excellent writing skills and experience in writing articles, blogs, press releases, reports and presentations
- The ability to work and thrive as part of a small and dedicated team as well as without supervision.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Bi-annual reviews focusing on personal development
- Investment in personal growth: hands-on internal training from public relations and public affairs colleagues and opportunities for external training
- A sociable team – regular team social and outings, with drinks provided from 4pm every Friday
- Open to flexible working where needed
Closing Date: 6 April 2020
Please email a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org outlining why you would like this role and your relevant experience.