Date Added: 13 March 2020
: 27 March 2020
Job Title: Caseworker
Working For: Florence Eshalomi MP (Vauxhall)
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales
Florence is looking for a full-time caseworker to join her small but busy constituency team, based in the heart of central London. This is a good opportunity for someone with previous experience as a caseworker and/or excellent transferable skills in communication, empathy and problem solving. It would suit someone who genuinely wants to help improve the lives of Vauxhall residents, and enjoys working with people and solving their problems. You will work alongside Florence’s Senior Caseworker and receive all appropriate training. This role will require flexible working with occasional evening and weekend work.
• Deal with large numbers of standard queries, as well as assisting on more complex cases from the public – by phone, email or face to face
• Gather relevant information to assist with resolving cases
• Log all cases, monitor progress and ensure all identified actions are taken
• Ensure records are kept and information managed confidentiality in line with data protection legislation
• Draft responses to constituents
• Ensure that each case is dealt with promptly, sensitively, confidentially and accurately in accordance with the MP
• Liaise with Government agencies, local government departments, housing associations and others to resolve constituency matters
• Assist with the MP’s surgeries and other meetings and follow up as appropriate
• General administrative tasks – photocopying, scanning and filing
• Experience of casework, working in a customer facing role or directly with the general public
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including a good telephone manner
• Excellent problem-solving skills
• Good digital skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Patience and empathy – you will be working closely with people facing challenging life situations and experiences
• Flexibility and adaptability – ability to prioritise a demanding and changing workload
• Commitment to the aims and values of the Labour Party
• Previous experience of working with CRM software such as Caseworker.mp
• Previous experience in providing housing, immigration and/or legal advice
• Knowledge of Vauxhall constituency
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 27 March 2020
Interview dates: Monday 30 March (afternoon) and Tuesday 31 March (morning)
Start date: Immediately
Please send your CV and cover letter (no more than two A4 pages) to firstname.lastname@example.org
In your cover letter, please show how you meet the essential and desirable criteria, and why you would like to work for Florence.
Please note that this role will initially be recruited on a fixed-term contract to ensure it meets the needs of the MP and constituency. Subject to a review, the role may then become permanent.