Marsha de Cordova MP is seeking an experienced part time caseworker (four days) for her busy constituency office in Battersea.
The successful candidate will join Marsha’s team providing advice and support to constituents on a wide range of issues including Housing, Immigration, Social Security and other policy enquiries. Liaise with the relevant government agencies, the voluntary sector and other organisations. The position is suitable for someone with previous experience as a caseworker, enthusiastic, confident, enjoys problem solving and has excellent interpersonal skills.
Flexible and willing to work some evenings and weekends.
• Progressing a portfolio of casework, including logging cases, taking appropriate actions promptly, monitoring progress, analysing patterns of enquiries and producing reports.
• Respond to correspondence and enquiries from constituents
• Liaising with government agencies, voluntary sector and other organisations to help resolve cases.
• Provide admin support.
• Retain records and information confidentially and in line with the GDP.
• Attend surgeries and other meetings as appropriate.
Skills and Experience:
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbally including a good telephone manner
• Excellent organisation skills, with good attention to detail.
• Must be able to plan, organise and prioritise workload effectively.
• Excellent people skills, with ability to deal with constituents in a compassionate and sensitive way.
• Excellent problem-solving skills.
• The ability to work independently as part of a team.
• Excellent ICT skills, including MS Office and CRM systems.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Application Details Applicants should send their CV (two pages), covering letter (one page) and two references to Syreeta de Cordova at firstname.lastname@example.org