Date Added: 20 March 2020
: 20 April 2020
Job Title: Senior Policy Officer – ‘Left Behind’ Neighbourhoods
Working For: Local Trust
Local Trust was established in 2012 to deliver Big Local, a National Lottery Community Fund-funded programme which committed £1m each to 150 neighbourhoods across England. The £217m originally provided by The National Lottery Community Fund to support this programme is the largest single-purpose Lottery-funded endowment ever made, and the biggest ever investment by a non-state funder in place-based, resident-led change.
In terms of scale, time horizon and ethos, nothing like Big Local has ever existed. Designed from the outset to be radically different from other funding programmes, at the heart of Big Local is a vision of empowered, resilient, dynamic, asset-rich communities making their own decisions on what is best for their area.
Senior Policy Officer
The Senior Policy Officer will have responsibility for developing and promoting innovative and impactful policy proposals which will make a significant difference to residents in ‘left behind’ neighbourhoods.
Job Description (Key Duties)
- Develop and maintain an active and engaged network of parliamentary and other stakeholders providing policy briefing and organising engaging events.
- Develop expertise in the policy area, developing ideas and proposals.
- Stay on top of new research and policy work and relevant practice.
- Maintain a strong network, developing a rapport with key contacts.
- Develop and deliver a programme of events and research which can cut through the noise and grab people’s attention.
- Develop and deliver key outputs – a newsletter, policy briefings and event summaries and occasionally more substantive reports, a webpage, social media and speaking engagements.
- Commission and manage small scale research projects.
- Actively seek out opportunities to promote the work.
- Plan and monitor the project budget.
- Other tasks commensurate with the role.
See here for further details: https://localtrust.org.uk/about/jobs/senior-policy-officer-left-behind-neighbourhoods/
Closing Date: 20 April 2020
All applications must be received by 5pm.
Suitable candidates will be invited for interview by Wednesday 29th April 2020.
Interviews will be held between 6th and 7th May 2020
Applicant should submit:
- An up-to-date CV which shows your full career history. We recommend that this is no longer than three pages.
- A supporting statement, with your name at the top of each page, explaining why you are interested in this role and how you fit the specification.
Please send your application by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For further details: https://localtrust.org.uk/about/jobs/senior-policy-officer-left-behind-neighbourhoods/