Date Added: 20 March 2020
: 20 April 2020
Job Title: Senior Policy Officer – Community Power and Control
Working For: Local Trust
Local Trust was established in 2012 to deliver Big Local, a National Lottery Community Fund-funded programme which committed £1m each to 150 neighbourhoods across England. The £217m originally provided by The National Lottery Community Fund to support this programme is the largest single-purpose Lottery-funded endowment ever made, and the biggest ever investment by a non-state funder in place-based, resident-led change.
In terms of scale, time horizon and ethos, nothing like Big Local has ever existed. Designed from the outset to be radically different from other funding programmes, at the heart of Big Local is a vision of empowered, resilient, dynamic, asset-rich communities making their own decisions on what is best for their area.
Senior Policy Officer
The Senior Policy Officer will have responsibility for developing and promoting innovative and impactful policy proposals which will make a significant difference to residents in deprived and under-funded communities.
Job Description (Key duties)
- Develop and maintain a strong network of civil servants and advisors working across government departments, developing a rapport with key contacts.
- Research and write submissions, drawing on the experience of Big Local areas.
- Stay on top of new government policy and relevant practice.
- Develop and deliver a programme of events and research which can cut through the noise and grab policy maker’s attention.
- Commission and manage small scale research projects.
- Actively seek out opportunities to promote the work.
- Plan and monitor the project budget.
- Other tasks commensurate with the role.
Closing Date: 20 April 2020
All applications must be received by 5pm.
Interviews will take place between the 6th and 7th May 2020.
For further information: https://localtrust.org.uk/about/jobs/senior-policy-officer-community-power-and-control/
Applicants should submit:
- An up-to-date CV which shows your full career history. We recommend that this is no longer than three pages.
- A supporting statement, with your name at the top of each page, explaining why you are interested in this role, detailing how you are a good candidate for this post and how you fulfil the person specification.
Please send your application by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Further detail can be found here: https://localtrust.org.uk/about/jobs/senior-policy-officer-community-power-and-control/