Date Added: 23 March 2020
: 6 April 2020
Job Title: Public Affairs Officer
Working For: St Mungo's
Salary: £28,908-£32,398 pa
Are you interested in working as part of a dynamic team to campaign for change and end rough sleeping? We are looking for an excellent public affairs professional to join the Policy, Campaigns and Research team at St Mungo’s.
About The role
You will coordinate St Mungo’s public affairs work, creating opportunities to influence national and local government policy and helping achieve our organisational goal to end homelessness and rebuild lives.
At a time when homelessness is rising up the political agenda, we are looking for a dynamic individual who can make the most of this exciting opportunity to raise St Mungo’s profile among decision makers and political stakeholders and influence policy that has an impact on people who are homeless.
Your ability to help design and implement robust and thorough public affairs plans, coordinate a programme of visits and meetings with key stakeholders across Westminster and Whitehall and proactively spot new engagement opportunities will be crucial to this role.
As our Public Affairs Officer, you will:
- Contribute to the development of St Mungo’s public affairs planOrganise public affairs activities that support the organisation’s overall policy influencing objectives
- Work closely with other teams to ensure public affairs activity is timely, consistent and, where appropriate, joined up with other external communications
- Monitor, record and evaluate our public affairs activities with a view to continuously improving what we do and how we do itEnsure that our clients are at the heart of all our influencing work
What we’re looking for
To succeed you will need experience of supporting development and delivery of successful public affairs plans as well as strong organisational and time management skills. A basic working knowledge of homelessness or a closely related policy area would be beneficial.
Other requirements include the ability to confidently represent an organisation in a range of settings and building effective relationships with key political stakeholders.
What we offer
- Excellent Development and Growth Opportunities
- A Diverse and Inclusive Work Place
- Flexible Working and Other Benefits
Closing Date: 6 April 2020
Interview and assessments on: Wednesday 15 and Friday 17April 2020
To find out more and to apply please follow the below link to be taken to the St Mungo’s careers page on our website. Click the ‘Apply Now’ Button at the top of the page to start your online application form.
To view the job description and guidance on completing your application form, please click on the document available tab at the top of the advert page on our website.