Date Added: 23 March 2020
: 22 May 2020
Job Title: Operations Officer: Maternity Cover
Working For: European Leadership Network
Salary: £25,000.00-30,000.00 depending on experience, plus pension and benefits
The ELN is expanding and is looking to recruit an Operations Officer to join our London team. The successful candidate will be to supporting the HR & Operations Manager in the lead-up and during maternity leave. Their main duties will include:
Organisational Development and Management
- Supporting the Director, Deputy Director and Research Director to develop a strong performance culture;
- Maintaining a strong, safe working environment;
- Strengthen internal systems to ensure the build-up of key contacts and effective relationship management.
Fundraising and Accounts
- Working with our accountants to manage monthly payroll and expenses;
- Keeping an eye on cash flow, spent and payment of invoices to external suppliers;
- Creating budgets for grant applications, supporting and updating the Director and Deputy Director on grant spend and financial reporting for completed grants.
Operations and Human Resources:
- Be the main point of contact for the organisation and manage the general upkeep of the office;
- Working with the rest of the team on arranging events;
- Manage external services (e.g. office lease, cleaning services, insurance policies);
- Ensure that data protection laws and health and safety policies are adhered to;
- Updating and maintaining the ELN database;
- Providing administrative and general office support to contribute to the smooth running of the organisation.
- Undertake general office administration, including occasional diary management for the director, booking meeting rooms, purchasing furniture and office supplies
- Any other duties commensurate with the level of responsibility of this post.
- Previous experience in an office administrator/office manager/accounting role
- Well-organised and able to multi-task, with a keen eye for detail
- Experience of using MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook)
- Excellent writing skills and an eye for detail
- Experience of working to tight deadlines and under pressure
Closing Date: 22 May 2020
- To apply, please email your CV and a covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please restrict your CV to no more than two pages of A4. This should clearly outline relevant experience to date.
- The covering letter should be no longer than one A4 page and detail why you would be interested in this position and how you meet the person specification
- Candidates must have permission to work in the UK.
For more information on the European Leadership Network please visit our website at www.europeanleadershipnetwork.org