Date Added: 11 May 2020
: 1 June 2020
Job Title: Policy and Research Manager
Working For: Refugee Action
Salary: £39,548 per annum inclusive of Inner London Weighting
We are looking for a committed individual to join us as Policy and Research Manager, playing a key role in our Campaigns Team and for our charity during an important period for Refugee Action. There has never been a more crucial time to stand up to the injustice facing refugees and people seeking asylum in the UK.
Refugee Action is a national charity, dedicated to fighting for the rights of refugees and asylum seekers in the UK. With almost 40 years’ experience providing face to face advice, and an established record of changing government policy, we help people who’ve survived some of the world’s worst regimes to secure the protection and support that they need to live with dignity and build a new life in the UK.
As Policy and Research Manager you will lead our policy and research work across the organisation, with a focus on work to support our public campaigns. You will also support other advocacy informed by close working with Refugee Action’s front-line services and clients, and our partners.
In addition you will:
• Maintain an overview of all current Refugee Action policy positions and lead the development of new policy positions as needed;
• Develop and manage quantitative and qualitative research to underpin our campaigns;
• Write reports and briefings based on Refugee Action’s data, case studies and research;
• Support the development and delivery of Refugee Action’s campaigns and wider public engagement by providing written and verbal briefings.
We’re seeking someone with a strong track record in research and policy analysis and development, and experience of this in relation to front-line services and public campaigns. You will also have a good awareness of how government policy affects the lives of people seeking asylum and refugees in the UK. You will also have:
• Experience working in a policy co-ordination or policy management post;
• Ability to produce policy lines and statements;
• Experience in developing, delivering and managing research projects to achieve policy and campaign objectives;
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to write accessible reports and briefings and represent the organisation externally;
• Ability to build positive relationships with external stakeholders for the purpose of partnership working.
Closing Date: 1 June 2020
Interviews: Monday 15 June. The interview will be conducted remotely via Zoom. Unfortunately, we’re not able to be flexible with the interview date.