Date Added: 12 May 2020
: 3 June 2020
Job Title: Senior Communications Officer
Working For: Liz Kendall MP (Leicester West)
Salary: In line with IPSA guidelines
Liz Kendall MP, Member of Parliament for Leicester West is recruiting for a full time Senior Communications Officer in her Westminster Office.
Main duties will include:
• Engage proactively with national media organisations and evaluate the impact of external communications activity
• Research for and drafting of articles and speeches
• Prepare media briefings
• Research local, regional or national issues to support Liz's work
• Monitor media coverage and prepare press releases as required
• Design and develop engaging, targeted content and messages across a range of channels
• Ensure Liz’s online presence is meeting the demands of the constituents, the locality and the MP
• Publicise Liz’s parliamentary duties on Social Media
• Respond professionally, sensitively, confidentially and with integrity to routine correspondence and enquiries by email, telephone, social media and face to face from constituents, the media, lobbyists and pressure groups
• Ensure records are kept and information managed confidentially and in line with data protection legislation
• There may be requirement for the role holder to work outside of normal hours and travel for work occasionally
• The successful applicant will have a strong record of working with the media
• Excellent communication skills, especially writing briefing materials and articles for print
• The ability to produce work of a high standard, often under pressure and to tight deadlines
• Excellent time-management skills and the ability to prioritise own workload
• A self-starter with the ability to work independently and also as part of a small team
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Previous Parliamentary experience is preferred but not essential
• A keen interest in politics and current affairs
The Labour Party values equality and diversity, and welcomes applications from candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 3 June 2020
Interviews to be held w/c 8th June and the successful applicant will start as soon as possible.
To apply, please send your CV and 1 page covering letter to email@example.com no later than 5pm