Date Added: 12 May 2020
: 31 May 2020
Job Title: Caseworker
Working For: Rt Hon Rishi Sunak MP (Richmond (Yorks))
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales
Rt Hon Rishi Sunak MP is looking for a hardworking and motivated individual to join his busy constituency team as a caseworker. This role will be based in the constituency office in Northallerton, working under the direction of the Senior Caseworker.
The successful candidate will be well-organised and pro-active with strong communication skills. This role also requires a flexible and can-do attitude and the ability to deal sensitively and empathetically with constituents and casework.
Duties may include:
• Dealing with all aspects of constituency casework by phone, email or letter
• Attending and assisting with constituency surgeries, and follow up as appropriate
• Ensuring all records and data are managed confidentially and in line with current data protection legislation
• Liaising with government agencies, local authorities, the voluntary sector and others to assist constituents
• Providing information and advice to constituents on a wide range of issues
The successful applicant should have:
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Good attention to detail and the ability to prioritise their workload
• Strong IT skills and the ability to use casework management software (training will be given)
• A positive attitude and the ability to work as part of a team
• Candidates should be sympathetic to the aims and values of the Conservative Party
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 31 May 2020
Interviews will commence as soon as possible via Zoom and we may appoint before the closing date if the right candidate is identified.
To apply please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com , copying in firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include Caseworker Application in your subject line
Due to the large volume of applications we will be unable to provide individual feedback and it may only be possible to contact those invited to interview.