Date Added: 12 May 2020
: 25 May 2020
Job Title: Constituency Support Officer Caseworker
Working For: Simon Fell MP ( Barrow and Furness)
Location: Barrow and Furness
Salary: £21,529 - £31,705
The post-holder will assist in the timely delivery of casework, ensuring that residents of Barrow & Furness have their concerns heard, and cases progressed, in a timely manner.
This role is key in making sure that residents of Barrow & Furness who have questions or concerns about issues, or need assistance in cutting through red tape and having their voices heard, will get that when working with my office.
Duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Analyse patterns of enquiries and produce reports
- Assist surgeries and other meetings and follow up as appropriate
- Attend constituency meetings as appropriate
- Critically analyse patterns of enquiries and articulate the findings in reports and communication with the MP and other staff members
- Deal with large numbers of standard queries, as well as assisting on more complex cases from members of the public by phone, email, social media or face to face. Ongoing communication may be required
- Draft responses to constituents
- Ensure records are kept and information managed confidentially in line with the data protection legislation
- Ensure that each case is dealt with promptly, sensitively, confidentially and accurately in accordance with the MP
- Establish, monitor and update a social media and online presence in the constituency. Produce online graphics and video content, as well as publicising surgeries and news alerts etc.
- Follow up on social media queries and comments
- Gather relevant information to assist with resolving cases
- Log all cases; monitor progress and ensure all identified actions are taken
- Manage and monitor social media enquiries, dealing with cases that do not need to be transferred to a higher level. Ensure all enquiries are dealt with in a timely manner
- Monitor media coverage, liaise with media, prepare press releases as required (on constituency, non party political matters)
- Retain records and information confidentially and in line with the Data Protection Act
- A good team player and capable of working alone
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Flexibility and willingness to work evenings and occasional weekends
- Candidates should have excellent written skills, an aptitude for problem solving, and be customer, and delivery, focussed.
Closing Date: 25 May 2020
Interviews will be conducted via Microsoft Teams week beginning 1 June 2020. Applicants who are invited to interview will be asked to complete a short written exercise ahead of the interview.
Start date - as soon as possible.
All applicants should send their CV with a short covering letter (no more than one side of A4) explaining why they are suitable for the role by 10am on the closing date to Ben Shirley by email: firstname.lastname@example.org . Please direct any enquiries regarding this position to Ben by email or on 01229 314 220. Please quote the reference “SFell CSO” when submitting your application by email.