Date Added: 23 May 2020
: 26 May 2020
Job Title: Press Office Support
Working For: NHS England and NHS Improvement
Salary: £24,214 - £30,112 pa +
Our excellent media team assistant has just been promoted ten months into the job, so we’re looking for an exceptional candidate to fill her shoes.
As media team assistant you will play an important role in one of the country’s busiest media teams, helping to tell the stories of the health service and its people.
The successful candidate will be at the heart of a high-performing team, and have the opportunity to get involved in issues that appear on the front pages of newspapers, get talked about on TV and radio, and get shared on social media.
In particular the post holder will:
- Keep on top of daily issues – helping to deal with incoming media enquiries and monitoring traditional and social media.
- Help plan our future activity – including being part of the team that compiles our forward-planning grid.
- Research and develop potential stories – benefiting from the guidance of experienced colleagues, and able to work on a range of different policy areas.
- Support the team to run well – including undertaking administrative tasks like keeping our contact database updated and organising rotas.
- Represent the team – including building relationships with people and teams both inside the organisation and those we work, like the Department for Health and Social Care.
In return for supporting us, we will support you. We’ll actively help you develop the skills, experience and confidence required to take the next step in your career, and you’ll benefit from working with experienced colleagues from a range of different background, who will encourage you to have innovative ideas and see them through.
We are looking for someone with a can-do attitude who is keen to learn and get stuck in to the many varied issues and tasks that the team deals with on a day to day basis. Being well-organised, having a keen interest in the news and media, attention to detail, and good writing skills are all desirable, too. Everything else, we can teach.
We’re keen to ensure that people from a range of different backgrounds and experiences feel able to apply for this role, so if you’re interested but not sure whether it’s for you, please get in touch with Mike Forster at email@example.com to arrange a call or visit.
Closing Date: 26 May 2020
Applications close at 23:59 on the closing date.
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to interview over Microsoft Teams, likely in the first or second week of June.
Subject to standard reference checkes the successful candidate will be asked to start as soon as possible, allowing for notice periods.
Please apply here: https://www.jobs.nhs.uk/xi/vacancy/916047340?utm_campaign=google_jobs_apply&utm_source=google_jobs_apply&utm_medium=organic