Date Added: 23 May 2020
: 7 June 2020
Job Title: Editor in Chief and Head of Content
Working For: Apolitical
Salary: £45,000 - £60,000
Apolitical is a learning platform for government that launched in 2017 – now 60,000+ public servants, policymakers and politicians in 170+ countries are using it for peer-led, future-facing learning.
Our members range from mayors, ministers and heads of state to millennials pioneering digital innovations.
- Responsible for leading the company’s thinking about content, with a broad mandate to experiment with and scale up new kinds of learning experiences to best serve our members.
- Diving deep into global policy, government, and related fields and making sure we’re delivering insight for our members on the most pressing topics.
- Overseeing the output of Apolitical’s Content Team, driving them to produce excellent written, multimedia and interactive journalism and other content showcasing the best ideas, approaches, and solutions from governments around the world.
- Working with our Member Engagement Editor to encourage public servants to share their work and ideas on Apolitical.
- Contributing at a high level to the strategic direction of the company.
You will definitely need:
- Excellent writing and editing skills demonstrated by at least 5 years’ experience in a role producing content for publication (whether it be journalism, content design or something else).
- Passion for driving impact by making content that serves practical needs for people working in government. Apolitical exists to help public servants do their jobs better — we are neither a hard-nosed news organisation, nor a high-minded think tank.
- The leadership skills to keep a busy team inspired and effective.
- The communication skills to work well with junior and senior staff across the organisation, balancing your relative needs and priorities and keeping cross-team projects on track.
- Demonstrated ability to juggle multiple projects, learn new skills quickly, and work to ambitious deadlines.
- Desire to work in a fast-changing startup environment where priorities can shift regularly.
The following skills and attributes are not necessary, but any of them could put you at an advantage:
- Experience producing multimedia content
- Ability to write and edit in French, Spanish and/or Portuguese
- Experience in a technology startup
- Experience working in government
- Experience of formal content/product design discipline
Closing Date: 7 June 2020
To apply: Send a cover letter of no more than one page and a CV to email@example.com
Please note that this position may be filled before the closing date if the right candidate is found