Date Added: 23 May 2020
: 4 June 2020
Job Title: Communications Manager
Working For: NHS England
Salary: £45,753 - £51,668
We are looking for an experienced Communications Manager to join our Strategy and Engagement team in the NHS Cancer Programme. The post will work as part of a dynamic team to lead the delivery of the Programme’s communications and stakeholder engagement plan. We develop national policy and strategy, and work with our Cancer Alliances across the country to transform services for patients.
• Leading the delivery of the communications and stakeholder engagement plan for the NHS Cancer Programme, including:
o working with the NHS England and NHS Improvement corporate communications teams (including the media team) to develop content and approaches across a range of channels (including media, social media and events), to raise the profile of the NHS Cancer Programme and its achievements;
o developing an effective communications network across the Programme’s delivery partners regionally and locally (e.g. Cancer Alliance communications leads);
o producing regular deliverables on Programme progress (such as a quarterly report) aimed at the Programme’s key stakeholders;
o working with the Programme’s senior leadership to develop and deliver a proactive programme of stakeholder engagement; and
o working with delivery teams from across the NHS Cancer Programme to develop key communications products required for successful delivery.
• Proactively building networks and relationships with other communications managers across NHS England and NHS Improvement to ensure the development and use of a consistent and aligned narrative on cancer.
• Providing communications advice and support to colleagues from across the NHS Cancer Programme, as well as producing generic communications products that can be used by the team.
• Working with wider communications colleagues and the Programme leadership to develop and agree an annual communications business plan. Develop and maintain an annual delivery plan, running weekly communications delivery group meetings, producing monthly highlight reports on progress and preparing briefings for directors.
• Working effectively with the NHS England and NHS Improvement corporate communications teams in delivering the Programme’s communications and stakeholder engagement plan.
Please contact Anna Baranski (firstname.lastname@example.org) for further details.
Closing Date: 4 June 2020
This advert will close on 4th June 2020.
Please submit your application here: https://www.jobs.nhs.uk/xi/vacancy/916056545