Date Added: 29 May 2020
: 30 June 2020
Job Title: Part-time Personal Assistant
Working For: Damien Moore MP (Southport)
Damien Moore MP is looking to recruit a part-time member of staff to join his Constituency Office based in Southport for two days per week.
The ideal candidate will be bright and enthusiastic, highly organised, and with a keen interest in politics.
• Assist in the compilation of briefing packs
• Assist in the updating of social media on request
• Assist in the writing of speeches
• Assist with arrangements for events; this may include: venue research and bookings; compiling and managing guest-lists; liaising with suppliers; and providing on-the-day event support as required
• Database management using office software (e.g. Microsoft Office) to handle administrative cases
• Diary Management
• Efficient data and file management to ensure the office complies with the data protection legislation
• Engage professionally, confidentially and with care and integrity with members of the public, through a variety of methods
• Exposure to complex cases
• Handling administrative arrangements for meetings with members of the public/MP surgeries
• Liaise with suppliers when required regarding office supplies and security
• Minute taking
• Open, handle and action email, post and social media enquiries
• Photocopying, filing, record-keeping and typing correspondence
• Provide administrative support in relation to MP's expenses scheme via IPSA Online
• Respond to enquiries by telephone, e mail and social media, passing on queries to another team members/MP as appropriate
• Draft policy responses for the MP for publication on his website.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 30 June 2020
Start date August 2020.