Date Added: 8 June 2020
: 30 June 2020
Job Title: Associate Consultant (PR and media relations)
Working For: The Whitehouse Consultancy
The Whitehouse Consultancy is recruiting an Associate Consultant to provide support to the PR and media team. This is an exciting opportunity to work within a talented team across a range of UK and EU accounts, supporting the strategic direction of accounts and the implementation of the day-to-day PR projects. We’re looking for someone with experience in public relations, social media and integrated communications either in agency or in-house.
- Implementing integrated communications campaigns and delivering proactive media relations.
- Supporting the PR team with corporate reputational issues/crisis management
- Securing and drafting op-eds in key UK and EU trade titles
- Implementing digital media strategies, including on social media
- Writing blogs and articles, identifying events and speaking opportunities and securing media partnerships in the UK and EU.
- Researching, writing and distributing press releases to targeted UK and EU media.
- Monitoring, collating and analysing media coverage
- Identifying and supporting the organisation and delivery of events
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in a relevant subject.
- Experience in public relations, media relations and corporate communications in agency or in-house.
- Experience in digital media, including social media, website management and some knowledge of SEO.
- Excellent written skills and demonstrable experience in drafting communications materials
- Ability to grasp complex and nuanced issues quickly and effectively
- A strong understanding of managing, maintaining and cultivating journalist relationships
- The ability to work and thrive as part of a small and dedicated team as well as without supervision.
- Well organised and able to manage multiple priorities and varying pressures to meet measurable targets and strict deadlines.
- A good team player, willing to contribute at every level.
- Some digital design knowledge and experience with working with Adobe InDesign and Spark (preferable but not essential).
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Company bonus scheme
- Pension scheme
- Bi-annual reviews focusing on personal development
- Significant investment in personal growth
- A sociable team
- Flexible working
Closing Date: 30 June 2020
The safety of our staff is of utmost importance, and therefore, in an effort to contain the Covid-19 pandemic, our team is currently working remotely. As such, it is likely that interviews will be held via video-conferencing.
Please email a CV and covering letter to email@example.com by 30th June 2020 outlining why you would like this role and your relevant experience pertaining to the job description and requirements above. Please note we will be conducting interviews on an ongoing basis.