Date Added: 10 June 2020
: 30 June 2020
Job Title: Part-time Policy Caseworker/Researcher
Working For: Rachel Maclean MP (Redditch)
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales
• Assist with policy casework, and progress as required
• Assist in writing external communications and respond to routine correspondence
• Engage confidentially, professionally, with care and integrity with members of the public, through telephone enquiries, social media, email and face to face
• Maintain positive on-going relationships with all parties including members of the public, groups, suppliers and Westminster
• Have an excellent command of the English language, in verbal and particularly written skills
• Ensure efficient data and file management and ensure the office complies with data protection legislation
• Develop and maintain current knowledge on relevant areas of Parliamentary business including motions, legislation, Hansard, debates etc.
• Have working knowledge of relevant legislation and upcoming business including how they impact on the constituency
• Analyse, evaluate and interpret data to ensure Member is accurately informed on key issues. Undertake research on relevant subjects as directed and prepare briefing material
• Attend and participate in meetings as appropriate, take notes and provide a summary
• Provide general admin support
• There may be a requirement to work outside normal working hours and travel occasionally
• Be sympathetic to the Conservative Party aims
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 30 June 2020
Candidates will be shortlisted for an initial interview by 13th July 2020, with a view to start on 1st September.
All applicants are required to submit a CV and Covering Letter via email to Rachel Maclean's Office Manager, Rebekah Davis, at firstname.lastname@example.org