Date Added: 10 June 2020
: 3 July 2020
Job Title: Communications Manager
Working For: My Life My Say
Salary: £23,000 to £28,000 pa dependent on experience
Scope of the job
Our growing charity is looking for a Communications Officer to create and implement communications strategies that further our goals. As our company expands, we’re in need of someone who can promote our brand, interact with the public and establish productive relationships with key stakeholders and policymakers. Applicants should be excited about developing and implementing plans to engage target audiences and spread the message about our cause. The ideal candidate should have a proven track record of success in the communications sector or related fields, as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Develop, support and promote company goals, including message development, social media content creation and media outreach.
- Develop and disseminate public relations materials that increase our visibility among stakeholders and lawmakers.
- Build and maintain relationships with journalists, bloggers, and influencer audiences that will help advance our work.
- Identify target audiences and create strategies to effectively engage them
- Ensure digital marketing content aligns with our brand’s identity and message, and assist with marketing campaigns as needed
- Develop social media strategies to expand our reach and impact through social media channels.
- Identify key social influencers who we can engage with.
- Work together with the Chief Executive to create and develop a strategy to deliver a podcast series that engages with young people.
- Work with colleagues to ensure that all content of our social media feeds align with organisational, and specific project strategies.
- Create and send out press releases for new projects or initiatives.
- Write a monthly newsletter to our key stakeholders and subscribed mailing list.
- Ensure that the website content is up-to-date and post regular updates on the latest news section.
- Work with the Chief Executive to strengthen employee engagement activities
Closing Date: 3 July 2020
Shortlisting for this role will take place as applications are received. We, therefore, reserve the right to close this vacancy once a suitable candidate has been appointed.
To apply, please upload your CV and a cover letter to the form on the website or email firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight of the closing date.