Date Added: 11 June 2020
: 12 July 2020
Job Title: Account Manager // Intern
Working For: Blackstock Consulting
Salary: £30-40k (Account Manager) // £21k (Intern)
ACCOUNT MANAGER ROLE
We are looking for a talented, well-connected and energetic corporate PR expert to help us continue growing our reputation as London’s best informed, and most-respected high growth communications firm. Alongside financial, corporate, political and consumer PR, we offer strategic consultancy and an in-house research team known for high-impact reports and thought leadership.
A basic understanding of the property sector is a bonus although candidates will ultimately be judged on their track record and proven skills in PR and communications rather than specific sector knowledge.
● Being the account manager or day-to-day lead on client activities;
● Engaging with journalists and digesting relevant media every day;
● Writing press releases, columns and articles;
● Handling clients’ social media accounts;
● Being a line manager and having responsibility for others in the team.
Candidates must demonstrate:
● Two or more years working in a PR agency role;
● Excellent written and spoken English as well as a meticulous eye for detail;
● The ability to work to tight media deadlines on a number of simultaneous projects;
● The ability to manage both other team members and clients, responding and delivering to their demands and pressures;
● Commitment, energy, organisation and responsibility.
You don’t need to have property experience, but you do need meticulous English and confidence dealing with people at all levels.
We typically offer permanent roles to high-performing interns and there are many opportunities for growth and progression with us.
• Undertake basic market research to support a story and provide context
• Dissect a news story, explain what makes it interesting & its market context or impact
• Keep pace of the news agenda
• Demonstrate core writing skills across press releases, op-eds, blogs and comments
• Demonstrate a good understanding of current affairs
Candidates must demonstrate:
• First-class writing abilities and professional spoken English
• Willingness to learn and ability to pick up things quickly
• Willingness to help on administrative tasks when required
• An ability to be responsive and adaptable to feedback
• Commitment, passion and enthusiasm in all activities
Closing Date: 12 July 2020
Suitable applicants will be notified within a week of their application and first round interview will be via video call. Start date is flexible within the next 1-2 months.
Please apply to email@example.com with a CV, covering letter and writing sample.
CV - detailed and up to date
Cover letter - specific to Blackstock Consulting demonstrating that you have looked into our company and clients and have an interest in what we do and explaining why you would be an asset to the team
Writing sample - non-academic (i.e. not a university essay) and recent. It could be a piece of writing/article from your current role or a personal blog/commentary on current events.
Full job decriptions available from www.blackstock.co.uk/careers