Date Added: 13 June 2020
: 3 July 2020
Job Title: Policy Adviser - Employment
Working For: Confederation British Industry
Salary: £27,500 - £31,500
Based at our Cannon Place office, the successful Policy Advisor will join the CBI’s Employment Policy team. It works with businesses and the government to influence policy that improves the UK labour market and firms’ ability to hire the people and skills they need.
The team’s work is underpinned by the challenge of building public and political confidence in a vision for UK employment that is flexible and fair.
The flexibility of the UK’s labour market supports jobs growth and makes it one of the most competitive in the world. Equally, being treated fairly by your employer has a big impact on the UK’s productivity and trust in business.
The successful Policy Advisor will join the team at a time when the UK’s departure from the EU brings questions about what the future of work looks like, both domestically and internationally, into sharp relief.
Reporting to the Head of Employment Policy, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
• Consulting with CBI members to develop policy positions that represent the business view on a wide range of employment issues
• Providing CBI members with political and policy insight and intelligence so that they can make more informed HR decisions
Developing the CBI’s employment policy positions, both new and existing, including:
• Building a strong grasp of the policy issues affecting employment policy, including relevant employment law, good practices in employee relations and the wider political context
• Developing policy by consulting CBI members to produce positions with broad support from employers of all sizes and sectors
• Working on multiple discrete projects (e.g. policy briefs, reports, consultation responses), using project management skills to track progress, manage risk and measure success
The salary for the PA Employment role is advertised at two different fixed pay points.
The successful candidate will be offered one of the fixed pay points subject to experience and clear examples of demonstrating the CBI’s core behaviours throughout the recruitment process.
Pay point 1: £27,500
Pay point 2: £31,500
Closing Date: 3 July 2020
Interviews are to begin w/c Monday 13th July 2020.
Two stage interview process.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to complete a presentation and a written test.
For a copy of the full job description please email email@example.com
To apply directly to the CBI please copy and paste this link
All applications should have a covering letter and a C.V.