Date Added: 17 June 2020
: 13 July 2020
Job Title: Caseworker
Working For: Robbie Moore MP (Keighley)
Location: Keighley (remotely during lockdown - internet access needed)
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scale
Duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
• Assist surgeries and other meetings and follow up as appropriate.
• Critically analyse patterns of enquiries and articulate the findings in reports and communication with the MP and other staff members.
• Deal with large numbers of standard queries, as well as assisting on more complex cases from members of the public by phone, email, social media or face to face. Ongoing communication may be required.
• Draft responses to constituents.
• Ensure records are kept and information managed confidentially in line with the data protection legislation.
• Ensure that each case is dealt with promptly, sensitively, confidentially and accurately in accordance with the MP.
• Establish, monitor and update a social media and online presence in the constituency. Produce online graphics and video content, as well as publicising surgeries and news alerts etc.
• Gather relevant information to assist with resolving cases.
• Log all cases; monitor progress and ensure all identified actions are taken.
• Manage and monitor social media enquiries, dealing with cases that do not need to be transferred to a higher level. Ensure all enquiries are dealt with in a timely manner.
• There may be a requirement for the role holder to work outside of the normal working hours and travel for work occasionally.
• General administrative tasks - photocopying, filing, record-keeping and typing correspondence.
• Assist the MP with other duties as required.
• Flexibility and willingness to occasionally work evenings and weekends.
• Strong written and communication skills.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Ability to organise.
• A good team player.
• Sympathetic to the aims and values of the Conservative Party.
The following skills are required:
• A good understanding of the British political system and local government.
• A good grasp of current affairs.
• An understanding of constituency issues.
• An excellent understanding of Microsoft Office and Outlook.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 13 July 2020
Virtual/social distancing interviews to be held w/c 13 July 2020. However, the position and interviews may close earlier if suitable candidate is appointed.
All applicants should send their CV with a short cover letter (no longer than one A4 page) explaining why they are suitable for the role by 10pm on the closing date to Jordan Young (Office Manager) by email: email@example.com. Please direct any enquiries regarding this position to Jordan by email.