Date Added: 20 June 2020
: 12 July 2020
Job Title: Paid Intern
Working For: Labour Digital (employed via the Labour Party)
Salary: Real Living Wage (UK or London depending on location)
At Labour Digital, we seek to provide a forum within Labour for a robust conversation around the digital and technology policy ideas that will deliver for our economy and public services, while managing the growing pains of innovation as well as fundamental challenges, from privacy to increasing inequalities.
We operate a variety of programs aimed at producing thought leadership on digital and technology policy, engaging with parliamentarians and policy-makers, and coordinating a network of members within the Labour movement.
This varied role provides an opportunity to be involved across all of Labour Digital’s programs, and gain diverse experience in research, policy, and campaigning. The successful candidate will take on real responsibility as a core member of the Labour Digital team.
It is envisaged that this position will involve two half-days per week, with flexibility depending on candidate availability.
- Communicating and promoting our work on social media channels including facebook and twitter.
- Soliciting or writing content for the Labour Digital blog.
- Organising events for our network members, and for the public.
- Providing administrative support for Labour Digital’s executive committee.
- Drafting policy papers and organising briefings for members of the Parliamentary Labour Party, in conjunction with committee members and external support.
- Strong communication skills and ability to engage effectively with a variety of stakeholders.
- Ability to proactively prioritise and manage multiple projects under time pressure.
- Research skills and an understanding of digital and technology policy.
- Ability to write clearly and persuasively across a variety of formats, for a variety of audiences.
- Understanding of social media and digital communications channels.
- Sympathy with Labour Digital’s mission, and the general aims of the Labour Party.
- Experience working in political environments, either in Parliament or in the wider Labour movement.
- Experience organising and executing events.
Labour Digital is committed to raising diverse voices within the technology policy conversation, and we very much encourage applications from candidates with backgrounds traditionally underrepresented in politics and in technology.
Closing Date: 12 July 2020
Interviews aim to take place w/c 27th July, with a proposed start date at the end of August.
Please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com with “Application: Paid Intern” in the subject line. The covering letter should be no longer than 1 page of A4, and should set out how your skills and experiences align with the requirements of this role.