Date Added: 20 June 2020
: 13 July 2020
Job Title: Parliamentary Internship
Working For: David Linden MP (Glasgow East)
Salary: London Living Wage (£10.75 per hour)
David Linden MP is looking to recruit a Parliamentary Intern to work Monday-Thursday for 4 months (September-December) in his Westminster office. The successful candidate should be an enthusiastic and motivated individual with excellent communication and organisational skills.
• Researching material for debates, briefings and events.
• Develop and maintain current knowledge of Bills, Early Day Motions, parliamentary questions, Hansard, debates etc.
• Support the work of All Party Parliamentary Groups chaired by the Member
• Monitor media coverage and brief the Member on relevant issues.
• Prepare press releases
• Contributing content for social media
• Manage a busy Westminster diary
• Provide generalist admin support
• Respond to routine correspondence and enquiries
The successful candidate will have the following skills and attributes:
• A keen interest in politics
• Good organisational skills with the ability to manage a varied workload
• Good analytical skills and close attention to detail
• Ability to work independently as well as with a team based in Scotland
• Excellent written and communication skills
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 13 July 2020
Virtual interviews are likely to take place week commencing 20th July 2020. The successful candidate will start on Tuesday 1 September.
Those wishing to apply should send a CV with a short (no more than one page) covering letter to email@example.com. The subject of the email should be "Parliamentary Internship"